Thursday, June 21, 2012

Lexis

Many moons ago (Literatur) = Very long time ago
- Waktu yang sangat lama.
eg. - It happened many moons ago.

Over the moon (Inggris british) = Extremely happy
- Sangat bahagia
eg. - I am over the moon.

Moon around / about
- Gentayangan
eg. - Why are you still mooning around?

Moon over somebody
- Mabuk kepayang
eg. - Didi was mooning over his girl friend.

Moonless
- Tak berbulan, tidak ada bulan
eg. - Tonight seems moonless.

Mope
- Menghabiskan waktu tanpa melakukan apa-apa dan merasa sedih
eg. - Moping won't do nothing.

No more = Neither
- Juga (Negative), Tidak juga
eg. - I had no complaints and no more did Tom.

More than happy = Extremely happy
- Sangat gembira
eg. - I am more than happy to take you there in my car.

No more = No longer
- Tidak lagi
eg. - I will torment you no more.

At my mother's knee (Idiom) = When you're very young
- Di waktu sangat muda
eg. - I learnt these songs at my mother's knee.

Expectant = Pregnant
- Hamil
eg. - An expectant mother.

Mother = Care like a mother to her child
- Peduli seperti ibu ke anak
eg. - Stop mothering me!
     - Don't mother me.

Mosquito repellent
- Obat anti nyamuk
eg. - Just buy the mosquito repellent just in case.

A mother lode
- Sumber
eg. - You are a mother lode of my love.

Ulterior motive
- Motip tersembunyi
eg. - She must have some alterior motive for being nice to me.

Alight = get off
- Turun
eg. - Do not alight while the train is still in motion.

In motion = Moving
eg. - While the train is still in motion.

Mourner
- Orang yang datang ngelayat
eg. - There were a lot of mouners come to the funeral.

Motor-mouth = People who likes to talk much
- Orang yang suka ngomong.
eg. - Stop being a motor-mouth and do what you can do.

Dabble
- Ikut-ikutan saja.
eg. - I just dabbled in a music.

Mudding = Confusing
- Membingungkan
eg. - It's very mudding to talk with you.

In mufti
- Berpakaian pereman
eg. - Officers in mufti.

Mug shot
- Photo buronan
eg. - There were a lot of mug shots in the police station.


No comments:

Post a Comment