Sunday, June 17, 2012

Lexis

Fuss - pot (Inggris British)
Fuss - budget (Inggris Amerika)
- Orang yang cenderung kuatir akan sesuatu yang tidak penting.
eg. - Their mother is a fusspot.

Pong = A strong unpleasant smell.
- Bau yang tidak menyenangkan.
eg. - What's that pong?

Ponderous = Too slow and careful
- Terlalu pelan dan hati-hati.
eg. - He spoke in a ponderous voice.

Ponce = Homosexsual
- Homo
eg. - Don't you know that Tommy is a ponce?

Pommy, Pom = British person
- Orang inggris
eg. - I met a lot of poms in the party.

Wino
- Gelandangan yang suka mabuk.
eg. - My father is a wino.

Fuss over somebody = To pay a lot of attention to somebody.
- Sangat memperhatikan orang.
eg. - The Form teacher should fuss over the students in the class.

Ring pull (Inggris British)
Pull tab (Inggris Amerika)
- Benda yang seperti cincin pada minuman kaleng yang kita tarik saat kita ingin meminumnya.
eg. - .Just pull the ring pull and you're ready to drink it


Polymath
- Orang yang banyak pengetahuan tentang segala hal.
eg. - Just learn everything and then you'll be a polymath.

Epidemic
- Wabah penyakit.

Dire straits = Very difficult situation because of lack of money.
- Keadaan sulit karena kekurangan uang.
eg. - The factory is in dire straits.

Wedge
- Sepotong
eg. - A wedge of watermelon.

I am not fussy = I don't care
- Saya tidak perduli
eg. - A: Where do you want to go for a lunch?
        B: I am not fussy.

Quacker
- Teman seiman dalam agama kristen.
eg. - Donnie is Amy's quacker.

Grand = Thousand
- Ribuan
eg. - I need a two grand for buying a new car.

Buck = Dollar
- Dollar
eg. - It costs five hundred buck.

Apparation
- Hantu dari orang yang telah meninggal.
eg. - The Workers always see an apparation of his mate.

Straight = Normal
- Normal
eg. - I am straight not a gay.

Grannary
- Lumbung
eg. - Just put all the rice in the grannary.

High places
- Terkenal, tersohor, penting.
eg. - I know some frinds in high places.

Paper tiger
- Menurut omongan saja hebat padahal tidak sebetulnya.
eg. - His Power just a paper tiger.

Indeed
- Sungguh, benar-benar.
eg. - A friend in need is a friend indeed.

Forthnight = Two weeks
- Dua minggu
eg. - The teachers will have a meeting for forthnight.

Onus = Responsibility
- Tanggung jawab
eg. - The children will be my onus if my wife goes to work.

Forte
- keahlian
eg. - Language is not my forte.

Firthcoming
- Akan datang
eg. - The forthcoming election.

Friendly fire
- Terluka oleh teman sendiri.
eg. - I got a friendly fire.

Friendless
- Tanpa temen
eg. - I am friendless here.

Slave over a hot stove = Cook
- Memasak
eg. - My mother is slaving over a hot stove now.

Freeloader
- Orang yang suka gratisan
eg. - I cannot stop being a freeloader among my loaded friends.

Potato, Spud, Tater (slang), Tattie (Inggris Scotlandia)
- Kentang.
eg. - Do you fancy spud?


No comments:

Post a Comment