Thursday, June 14, 2012

Basic Conversations - I do not know how


Robert Chartrand and Bill Pellowe

Podcast Notes

First, you'll hear this a basic conversation at a normal speed, then at a slower speed. Next, you'll hear some practice drills. Finally, you'll hear the conversation again at a normal speed.

Robert: Hi Bill. What's happening?
Bill: Not much. How about you, Robert?
Robert: Well, actually, I want to go to the art museum this afternoon, but I don't know where it is. Do you know where it is?
Bill: Which one? There are a few art museums in Fukuoka.
Robert: I want to see the Napoleon exhibit. Have you heard about it?
Bill: Ah, sure. That's the Fukuoka Municipal Art Museum. It's in Ohori Park.
Robert: So, how do I get there?
Bill: That's easy. Just take the subway to the Ohori Park station. Walk through the park, and it's there. You can't miss it!
Robert: Do you mean that I have to walk to the other side of the park to get to the musem?
Bill: Yes, that's right. It doesn't take long. About ten minutes or so.
Robert: OK, I think I understand. Thanks.
Bill: You're welcome.

Let's Practice:

A: I want to buy a suit, but I don't know where to shop. Do you know a good shop?
B: Yes, I like to buy suits at Fukuyama. You should go there.

A: I want to bake a cake, but I don't know how. Can you help me?
B: Sorry, I don't know how. You should buy a cook book.

A: I want to see a dentist, but I don't know who to see. Do you know a good dentist?
B: Yes, my dentist is good. I'll give you his number.

listen
m4a file
size: 2.55 MB
time: 5:05
Jan 27, 2006





No comments:

Post a Comment