Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Commonly-Used American Slang 1


Page 1

Click the button to see the meaning.
ace
He's an ace reporter.
action
Do you know where the action is in this town?
airhead
My sister's boyfriend is a real airhead.
all wet
Your ideas about politics are all wet.
all-nighter
I almost fell asleep during the test after an all-nighter.
ammo
The gun was useless after the killer ran out of ammo.
antifreeze
I really need some antifreeze in me on cold days like this.
armpit
This town is really an armpit.
awesome
What an awesome sunset.
bad
Wow, that was really a bad movie.
barf
He barfed all over the seat of the airplane.
bashed
The boat was bashed beyond recognition.
beat
After working all day I am really beat.
beemer
He just bought a new beemer to drive to work in.
bench
He was benched during the basketball playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment