Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Commonly-Used American Slang 3


Page 3

Click the button to see the meaning.
boo-boo
If you make another boo-boo like that, you won't have a job.
booze
I promised to bring two bottles of booze to the party.
bread
I need some bread to pay for my car.
break
A lucky break helped him get the job.
break it up
Break it up, or I will call the police.
bring-down
The news of the airplane crash was a bring-down.
buck
Do you have a buck I can borrow?
bummed
I was really bummed after I heard the news.
bummer
My trip to New York was a bummer.
bust
The whole idea was a bust.
buy it
If you don't slow down, you're going to buy it in a car accident.
call
The weatherman made a good call about when the storm would come. 
can
Do you know where the can is?
carb
My motorcycle's carb is out of adjustment.
catch some rays
I'm going to lie on the beach and catch some rays.

No comments:

Post a Comment