Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Commonly-Used American Slang 19

Page 19



Click the button to see the meaning.

up
He has been up ever since he met his new girlfriend.

up for grabs
This is a sale. Everything is up for grabs.

veg out
I want to veg out in front of the television this evening.

vibes
He really gives off good vibes.

wad
You don't want to carry a wad like that with you in the big city.

waste
After you waste him, throw the body in the river.

wheels
If you let me borrow your wheels, I'll go out and buy a pizza.

whiz
He is a whiz at the computer.

wired
I am really wired after drinking five cups of coffee.

wussy
Don't be such a wussy all the time. Say what you are thinking.

yukky
This food tastes yukky

zapped
I am too zapped to help you right now.

zip
He knew zip about running the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment