Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Commonly-Used American Slang 12

Page 12

Click the button to see the meaning.
knock
Don't knock it if you can't do it any better.
knocked up
My dog gets knocked up once a year.
knockout
Who was that knockout I saw you with last Friday?
knuckle sandwich
Shut up or I'll give you a knuckle sandwich.
kook
Watch out for all the kooks in this neighborhood.
laid-back
You need to be more laid-back.
lame
That is really a lame excuse.
line
I have heard that line a million times.
loser
John is a loser.
love handles
I exercise every day, but I can't get rid of these love handles.
make waves
Try not to make waves around the office.
maxed out
I am maxed out at my work and need to rest.
mean
He plays a mean violin.
mega
I have mega amounts of tomatoes in my garden this summer.
megabucks
He made megabucks when he sold his company.

No comments:

Post a Comment