Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dialogue


From the options ABC and D, choose the form that best fits the function state, to complete the dialogue below.
Rani______1______ ( to compliment ) Where did you buy it ?
SitaIt was a present from my sister.
RaniMy goodness ! Your sister always gives you presents, doesn't she ?
SitaYes. ______2______ ( to praise )
RaniI wish I had a sister like that. Unfortunately, I'm an only child.
SitaWell, you have many cousins and friends.
RaniThat's true. ______3______ ( to express appreciation ) They care about me too.
  
    
1. To compliment 
  AThat's a new blouse. 
  B
That's a pretty blouse.
 
  CIs that a new blouse ? 
  DI've never seen that blouse. 
     
2. To praise 
  AI'm so lucky. 
  BShe's very rich. 
  C
She's so generous.
 
  DShe often goes shopping. 
     
3. To express appreciation 
  AI'm happy about that. 
  BI'm fond of them. 
  CI should be more thankful. 
  D
I really appreciate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment