Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dialogue


From the options ABand C, choose the form that best fits the function state, to complete the dialogue below.
CheeYou told me that the meeting was at 9.00.
Dally______1______ ( to clarify ). You must have been confused about the time.
Chee______2______ ( to admit ). Anyway, I've already missed the meeting so it doesn't matter now.
DallyI should have called you when I saw that you weren't present. ______3______ ( to apologize )
CheeIt's all right. It wasn't your fault. ______4______ ( to complain ). He should inform every member of any changes in black and white.
  
    
1. To clarify 
  A
I said 9.00 a.m. and not 9.00 p.m.
 
  BI never said that. 
  CI can't remember now. 
  DIt doesn't matter if it is 9.00 p.m. or 9.00 a.m. 
     
2. To admit 
  ADo you think so ? 
  BIt's so confusing. 
  C
I guess I was.
 
  DIt's all right. 
     
3. To apologize 
  AYou won't blame me, will you ?
  B
I'm sorry, I never thought of that.
  CI can apologize if you want. 
  DI'm so grateful to you. 
     
4. To complain 
  AI have only myself to blame. 
  BI regret not being there to vote. 
  CThe president must've complained about my absence. 
  D
The new secretary is not doing a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment