Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dialogue


From the options ABand C, choose the form that best fits the function state, to complete the dialogue below.
SelenaGuess what, mum ? ______1______ ( to announce ) I knew I could do it.
Mother______2______ ( to congratulate ). I'm so proud of you.
Selena______3______ ( to claim ). That's why it's such an achievement.
MotherYou deserve it. ______4______ ( to advise )
  
    
1. To announce 
  AI'm looking forward to the scholarship. 
  B
I got the scholarship !
 
  CDid I get the scholarship ? 
  DI should accept the scholarship. 
     
2. To congratulate 
  AAnd you did ! 
  BThank goodness ! 
  CNo problem. 
  D
Well done !
 
     
3. To claim 
  AI know you are.
  BSo am I.
  C
I'm the only one in my school to get it.
 
  DI'm the happiest girl in the whole world. 
     
4. To advise 
  A
Now you must really work hard to achieve your goals.
 
  BYou must tell all your friends about it. 
  CThe scholarship is not easy to get at all. 
  DThe other pupils are not as bright as you.

No comments:

Post a Comment