Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dialogue


From the options ABand C, choose the form that best fits the function state, to complete the dialogue below.
RaymondHello, Paula. I'm here to see Mike.
Paula______1______ ( to greet ). Mike is taking a shower.
RaymondCould I wait for him ?
PaulaOf course. ______2______ ( to welcome ). Mike should be out shortly.
RaymondHe can take his time. I'm in no hurry.
Paula______3______ ( to take leave ). I've got something cooking in the kitchen.
RaymondGo ahead. I'll be fine. ______4______ ( to inform ).
  
    
1. To greet 
  AI'm Mike's sister. 
  B
Hi, Raymond !
 
  CI see. 
  DI know. 
     
2. To welcome 
  ADo you need anything ? 
  BI'm happy to see you at last. 
  C
Have a seat and make yourself at home.
 
  DYou always welcome me to your house. 
     
3. To take leave 
  AThat's wonderful.
  BI'll be away for a while.
  CPlease leave me alone. 
  D
You'll have to excuse me.
 
     
4. To inform 
  A
I'll just look at these magazines here.
 
  BLet me help you with whatever you're cooking. 
  CMike won't keep me waiting too long. 
  DYou're being too polite.

No comments:

Post a Comment