Thursday, June 14, 2012

Each of the following sentences contains at least one prepositional error. Correct the errors and rewrite the corrected sentences.


1. This vase is not to sale as it was given to me at my birthday.
   
2. I have been sitting on this very table since this morning.
   
3. On the last stretch, they ran as fast as they could for the finishing line.
   
4. I spent my holidays lying at the beach for the purpose to getting a tan.
   
5. I know I have to go under the tunnel in order to get from the other side.
   
6. The most popular hobby between children is reading.
   
7. The rat chewed out the tops in my shoes.
   
8. I wrote this novel to my aunt who supported me through my moments of despair.
   
9. We are disappointed at our results for our examinations.
   
10. We are keen about starting work on the project.
 
  Answers
   
1. This vase is not for sale as it was given to me for my birthday.
2. I have been sitting at this very table since this morning.
3. On the last stretch, they ran as fast as they could to the finishing line.
4. I spent my holidays lying on the beach for the purpose of getting a tan.
5. I know I have to go through the tunnel in order to get to the other side.
6. The most popular hobby among children is reading.
7. The rat chewed off the tops of my shoes.
8. I wrote this novel for my aunt who supported me in my moments of despair.
9. We are disappointed with our results of our examinations.
10. We are keen on starting work on the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment