Saturday, June 9, 2012

Grammar


Grammar  


Underline the correct answer.

1.
I ( am , is , are ) a student. 
 
2.
The boys ( is , are , were ) in the shop just now. 
 
3.
My brother ( make , makes , made ) a dinosaur out of clay yesterday. 
 
4.
I ( go , goes , went ) to the market with my mother every morning. 
 
5.
My mother ( is , was , am ) baking a cake this morning. 
 
6.
Is this ( you , your , yours ) doll? 
 
7.
Please have ( a , an , are ) orange after your dinner. 
 
8.
My cousins ( likes , like , liked ) to play football everyday. 
 
9.
I ( am , has , have ) helpful friends in school. 
 
10.
What is ( you , your , yours ) surname?



Underline the correct answer.

1.
The giraffe is much ( shorter , taller , higher ) than the zebra. 
 
2.
When we do something wrong, we need to say ( thank you , sorry , hello ). 
 
3.
Your school hall is ( much , more , less ) bigger than mine. 
 
4.
A canal is ( narrower , wider , smaller ) than a drain. 
 
5.
( Who , What , Whom ) would like to go cycling in the park? 
 
6.
My father put the books ( on , to , around ) the shelf. 
 
7.
He is bouncing ( his , hers , he ) brother's basketball. 
 
8.
Speak ( loudly , softly , faintly ) and clearly so that everyone in class can hear you. 
 
9.
( When , Where , How ) do I find my way to your house? 
 
10.
The apple hit his head because he was ( under , on top , around ) the tree.



Underline the correct answer.


1.
( Who , Which , What ) is your brother's name? 
 
2.
There is ( a , an , are ) spider on the chair. 
 
3.
It was ( me , I , my ) who closed the windows. 
 
4.
Are ( this , that , those ) pencils yours? 
 
5.
( Who , Why , Which ) is going to send the food to Nina? 
 
6.
I bought these books , they are ( me , my , mine ). 
 
7.
The lions ( am , is , are ) roaring with hunger. 
 
8.
( The , This , There ) is a post office nearby. 
 
9.
( Who , Why , Which ) boy is your brother? 
 
10.
( This , That , The) is the boy who took my school badge yesterday.



Underline the correct answer.

1.
( Who , What , Which ) is your father doing? He is reading a magazine. 
 
2.
The overhead bridge is ( on , above , below ) the road. 
 
3.
Nigel is the ( fast , faster , fastest ) runner in his school. 
 
4.
I have a cupboard. ( He , She , It ) has many drawers. 
 
5.
Remember to pass this book ( to , on , from ) Kim. 
 
6.
I found the key hidden ( on , above , under ) the rug. 
 
7.
The ball belongs to them. It is ( ours , theirs , them ). 
 
8.
There are two to choose ( to , on , from ). Which do you prefer? 
 
9.
The boys are leaving the stadium ( on , from , for ) home. 
 
10.
Are these your books? Yes, ( it , these , they ) are.



Underline the correct answer.

1.
This bicycle is in a ( good , better , best ) condition than the other bicycle. 
 
2.
Ann is riding ( her , hers , his ) bicycle around the playground. 
 
3.
( Who , What , When ) is the colour of your new dress? 
 
4.
We ( can , cannot , could not ) count the number of hairs on our head. 
 
5.
This test is ( hard , harder , hardest ) than the last test we had. 
 
6.
Today ( am , is , are ) a school holiday. 
 
7.
You cannot use this pencil unless you ask ( he , his , him ) for permission first. 
 
8.
( Who , What , When ) is helping you with the drawing? 
 
9.
The food here is the ( cheap , cheaper , cheapest ) we can find in Singapore. 
 
10.
How ( many , much , more ) is this piece of cake?



Underline the correct answer.

1.
Let's ( drive , drives , drove ) to Port Dickson for a short holiday. 
 
2.
I met my classmate who sits ( along , on , beside ) me in Penang. 
 
3.
Please do not ( walks , walk , walked ) across the parade square. 
 
4.
There are ( few , some , little ) cup cakes in the basket. 
 
5.
Jim likes playing hockey ( since , and , but ) I prefer swimming. 
 
6.
The children ( is , are , was ) swimming in the wading pool. 
 
7.
Is there someone ( on , in , at ) the door? 
 
8.
Ming Chong ( likes , like , liking ) chocolates more than lollipops. 
 
9.
Mabel has three rabbits, a cat ( with , or , and ) a dog. 
 
10.
Did you ( shout , shouts , shouted ) at those noisy children? 
 


Underline the correct answer.

1.
She wants to ( lend , borrow , look ) your ballet shoes 
 
2.
Who is ( hide , hid , hiding ) under the bed? 
 
3.
( When , What , Which ) are we going to take the cable car? 
 
4.
In winter, John and Sally ( are , were , would ) sit by the fireplace to keep warm. 
 
5.
Whose sea-shells are ( this , these , that )? 
 
6.
There are ( few , little , some ) bananas on the table. 
 
7.
Betty likes to ( eat, eats , eaten ) chewing gum. 
 
8.
This hairpin belongs to Judy. It is ( her , hers , its ). 
 
9.
( Who , When , Why ) is going with me to the hospital? 
 
10.
I was fast asleep ( why , when , where ) they came.


Underline the correct answer.

1.
( Can, Did , Would ) you like some cup cakes for tea-time? 
 
2.
I ( am , is , are ) going camping with my father. 
 
3.
Ben is sweating ( so , why , because ) he has just returned from a jog. 
 
4.
Please let me ( come , comes , coming ) along with you to the library. 
 
5.
You ( should , shouldn't , wouldn't ) hide the truth from your mother. 
 
6.
How ( does , do , have ) you solve this problem sum? 
 
7.
Kaye ( is , are , was ) playing the piano. 
 
8.
( What , When , Where ) are you going to Sydney in Australia? 
 
9.
We saw many palm ( tree , trees , threes ) on our way to Cameron Highlands. 
 
10.
Mabel ( or , but , and ) her father are taking a stroll along the beach.



Underline the correct answer.

1.
I ( has , have , had ) finished folding the clothes. 
 
2.
Sarah and ( me , I , myself ) like fry fishing. 
 
3.
( Will , Would , Shall ) I peel these oranges for you? 
 
4.
Jim ( work , works , working ) as a waiter in the Tastegood Restaurant. 
 
5.
Liza ( can't , won't , don't ) study now because she is very tired. 
 
6.
Grandfather gave Kate a candy ( because , and , but ) she behaved well. 
 
7.
My little brother is afraid ( at , by , of ) red ants. 
 
8.
Betty prefers to put the vase ( of , in , on ) the shelf. 
 
9.
( Didn't , Don't , Haven't ) the boys play football every Saturday? 
 
10.
Mother goes for cooking lessons because she ( can , can't , won't ) cook very well.


Underline the correct answer.

1.
My sister and ( I , me , my ) like to eat fruits. 
 
2.
( Is , Am , Are ) I a good boy, mummy? 
 
3.
This book is not yours, it is ( she , her , hers ). 
 
4.
I do not know ( who , what , why ) he is doing in his room. 
 
5.
James ( work , works , working ) as a waiter in this restaurant. 
 
6.
Please put the vase ( next , on , in ) the table. 
 
7.
A good girl like ( I , me , my ) deserves some ice-cream. 
 
8.
( Are , Does , Would ) you like to come with us to the zoo? 
 
9.
( Why , Who , When ) is that boy standing next to Cathy? 
 
10.
The tourist ( is , are , were ) asking for directions to the National Museum.


No comments:

Post a Comment