Sunday, June 10, 2012

"Were to" in Past, Present and Future


1. She loves her husband. If she (get) a divorce, it would devastate her.

2. If they (tear) down that old opera house, we would not have any historical architecture left in the city.

3. If the hurricane (hit) Miami, thousands of people might have lost their lives.

4. I can't stand him. If he (be) hired, I would quit.

5. I have no fire insurance. If my house (burn) down, I would have no way to buy new furniture.

6. If he (be) found guilty, he would have gone to jail for 30 years.

7. If the airlines (cancel) the flight, I would never make it to the family reunion on time.

8. He was not wearing a motorcycle helmet. If he (crash) into that car, he would have been killed.

9. If the government (increase) income tax, I would not be able to survive.

10. If I (lose) my job, I would use the Internet to find a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment