Thursday, June 14, 2012

Basic Conversations - The Weekend


Robert Chartrand and Bill Pellowe

Podcast Notes

This is a basic conversation about the weekend. First, you'll hear it at a normal speed, then at a slower speed. Next, you'll hear some practice drills. Finally, you'll hear the conversation again at a normal speed.

Robert: Good morning, Bill. How are you today?
Bill: Good morning, Robert. I'm all right. How are you?
Robert: Pretty good. Did you have a nice weekend?
Bill: Not bad. I went to the movies on Saturday night.
Robert: Oh yeah? What did you see?
Bill: I saw the new Harry Potter movie.
Robert: Did you like it?
Bill: Yes, it was excellent!

Practice
A: I went to the movies.
B: Oh yeah? What did you see?

A: I went to a new restaurant.
B: Oh yeah? What did you eat?

A: I went shopping.
B: Oh yeah? What did you buy?

A: I went for a drive.
B: Oh yeah? Where did you go?

listen
mp3 file
size: 1.25 MB
time: 2:30
May 20, 2006




No comments:

Post a Comment