Thursday, June 14, 2012

Basic Conversations - Who did you talk to?


Robert Chartrand and Bill Pellowe

Podcast Notes

You'll hear this basic conversation two times. First, at a normal speed, then at a slower speed. After that, practice asking questions.

Conversation

Robert: I talked to someone interesting yesterday.
Bill: Who did you talk to?
Robert: I can't remember his name, but I was sitting on the train...
Bill: Yeah...
Robert: ...and this young man started talking to me.
Bill: What did he say?
Robert: He said that he was from Thailand and he was studying here in Japan.
Bill: You mean he was a university student.
Robert: No, he was a high school student. He had a uniform on.
Bill: I see, so what did you talk about?
Robert: Well, he said that he enjoyed living in Japan, but he did not have much chance to speak in English.
Bill: How was his English?
Robert: Pretty good. So, he asked me if we could chat while sitting on the train.
Bill: That's interesting. It's not everyday that you meet a Thai student in Japan.
Robert: That's right.


Let's Practice

I saw someone interesting last week.
Who did you see?

I went somewhere fun last month.
Where did you go?

I ate something strange. I don't feel so good.
When did you eat it?

I read an interesting book.
What did you read?

I have to go to England next week.
Why do you have to go there?

listen
mp3 file
size: 2.58 MB
time: 5:23
Mar 6, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment