Thursday, June 14, 2012

Each of the following sentences contains at least one preposition error. Correct the errors and rewrite the corrected sentences.


1. I tried to interrupt into their conversation but was told on.
   
2. It is important to take pride of whatever we do on life.
   
3. I left home at Sunday morning to catch a flight for England.
   
4. He was scolded from the teacher for failing to pass the test.
   
5. For all that excitement. I had forgotten to take my present for him.
   
6. My parents are not in good terms so we tried to patch things on.
   
7. I accused her with stealing my wallet but she insisted about her innocence.
   
8. I sympathize for you over your mother's death.
   
9. He is one of the best players of Singapore and he takes pride of it.
   
10. In ten o'clock in the morning. I went to the beach to catch fish by my net.
 
  Answers
   
1. I tried to interrupt their conversation but was told off.
2. It is important to take pride in whatever we do in life.
3. I left home on Sunday morning to catch a flight to England.
4. He was scolded by the teacher for failing to pass the test.
5. In all that excitement, I had forgotten to take my present from him.
6. My parents are not on good terms so we tried to patch things up.
7. I accused her of stealing my wallet but she insisted on her innocence.
8. I sympathize with you over your mother's death.
9. He is one of the best players in Singapore and he takes pride in it.
10. At ten o'clock in the morning. I went to the beach to catch fish with my net.

No comments:

Post a Comment