Sunday, June 10, 2012

Future Continuous / Future Perfect Continuous

1.
Simona: Margaret is really going to speak Spanish well when she gets back from that language school in Mexico.
Isabelle: Hopefully! She (take) classes for more than six months.
Simona: She is going to be able to speak Spanish with some of our Latin American clients.
Isabelle: Good. Two clients from Peru (visit) us next month when Margaret returns. We need someone to entertain them while they are here.

2.
Jason: I am leaving!
Nurse: If you would please wait, the doctor will be with you in ten minutes. The doctor is having some problems with a patient.
Jason: The doctor was having problems with that patient an hour ago. If I wait another ten minutes, I am sure he (have, still) problems with her. By the time he's finally ready to see me, I (wait) for more than two hours.

3.
Frank: What are you going to be doing tomorrow at five?
Debbie: I (paint) my living room walls.
Frank: Still? How long have you been working on your living room?
Debbie: Forever. By the time I finish, I (redecorate) the living room for over a week.
Frank: Too bad. I was going to ask if you wanted to see a movie. What about the day after tomorrow?
Debbie: Sorry, I (move) furniture and (put) up drapes.

4.
Mr. Jones: What are you going to be doing next year at this time?
Mr. McIntyre: I (work) for a big law firm in New Orleans.
Mr. Jones: I didn't know you were leaving Baton Rouge.
Mr. McIntyre: I got a great job offer which I just can't refuse. Besides, by the time I move, I (live) in Baton Rouge for over twenty years. I think it's about time for a change. 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment