Sunday, June 10, 2012

Future Perfect / Future Perfect Continuous

1.
Jack: Have you been watching the Eco-Challenge on TV?
Janet: Isn't that exciting? It has got to be the most unbelievably difficult sporting event in the world.
Jack: I know. By the time they finish the course, they (raft) more than 150 miles down a raging river, (hike) through 80 miles of jungle, (climb) a volcano and (kayak) through shark-infested waters.
Janet: And don't forget that they (move) for at least eight days straight.

2.
Oliver: When are going to get your bachelor's degree, Anne?
Anne: I am going to finish my degree next June. By the time I graduate, I (go) to four different colleges and universities, and I (study) for more than seven years.
Oliver: Wow, that's a long time!
Anne: And I plan to continue on to get a Ph.D.
Oliver: Really? How long is that going to take?
Anne: By the time I finally finish studying, I (be) a student for over 13 years.

3.
Max: Sarah has been in the kitchen all day long.
Jake: It doesn't sound like she's having a very good Thanksgiving.
Max: She (cook) for over seven hours by the time everyone arrives for dinner this afternoon. Hopefully, she (finish) everything by then.
Jake: Maybe we should help her out.

4.
Mike: It's 6:00, and I have been working on my essay for over three hours.
Sid: Do you think you (finish) by 10:00? There's a party at Donna's tonight.
Mike: I (complete, probably) the essay by 10:00, but I (work) on it for more than seven hours, and I don't think I am going to feel like going to a party.

5.
Fred: By the time they finish their trip across Yosemite National Park, they (hike) for more than six days.
Ginger: And they (be, not) in a bed or (have) a shower in almost a week!
Fred: When we pick them up, they (eat) camping food for days, and I am sure they will be starving.
Ginger: I think we had better plan on taking them directly to a restaurant. 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment