Sunday, June 10, 2012

Future Real Conditional / Future Unreal Conditional


1. Researchers are visiting Loch Ness next week to see if they can find signs of the Loch Ness Monster. I seriously doubt they will find anything. If they did actually manage to find something, I am sure they (become) world famous.

2. I am going to go to California next week on business. If I have enough time, I (visit) my friends in Los Angeles.

3. Sally has always been interested in pre-Columbian cultures. When she (go) to Mexico, she (visit) Chichen Itza, the most famous Mayan site in the Yucatan.

4. We are driving from Las Vegas to Death Valley next week by way of Pahrump, a town located on the edge of the infamous Area 51. Area 51 is well known for its UFO sightings. If I (see) any aliens, I will be sure to take a picture for you. Just kidding!

5. I am afraid I won't be able to come to your wedding next week because my company is sending me to New York to attend a trade show. I (miss, never) your wedding if I (have) a choice in the matter.

6. I (interpret) for you at the conference tomorrow if I (be) not already scheduled to work at the UN. I have a friend who (do) it for you if she (be) not busy. Why don't I give her a call to see what her schedule is like.

7. The mountain climbing team (attempt) to conquer Mount Everest next month if the weather conditions (be) suitable. I (join) them in the ascent if I (can) . Unfortunately, I broke my leg last month while training in Alaska.

8. If Sarah (go) to university, she (be) the first person in her family to get an advanced education. She has applied to many schools, but she really wants to go to MIT. If she (get) accepted to the university, she (move) to Boston to study astrophysics.

9. If mankind (do) not do something about the destruction of the rain forest, global warming (cause) dramatic changes in weather conditions all over the world.

10. Even if they managed to convince him to run for president in the next election, he (be, never) elected. His ideas are too dramatic and unconventional to be accepted by the mainstream.

No comments:

Post a Comment