Sunday, June 10, 2012

Modals


Multiple Choice Exercise

Choose the correct answer for each gap below
1.
Donna: If I won the ten million dollar lottery jackpot, I  afford to quit my job and travel the world.

Sam: Where  you go if you had that much money?

Donna: I don't know, I  choose to spend a year in Paris - or perhaps I  go to Kenya.

Sam: How often do you buy lottery tickets?

Donna: Never... I guess if I want to win the lottery, I  try buying some tickets.

Sam: That  help.


2.
Waitress: Hi, my name is Sandy - I'll be your waitress tonight. What can I get for you?

Tony: I haven't decided yet. Is there anything you  recommend? Is there anything you think I  try?

Waitress: You  try the Cajun catfish - or perhaps the Gumbo. They're both delicious.

Tony: That sounds wonderful, but that  be a little too spicy for me. Actually, the prawns sound good. Umm,  I have the barbecued prawns?

Waitress: Sure,  you like a salad with that?


3.
Jan: What  we look for in a candidate when we vote in a presidential election?

Peter: I think citizens  vote for a President who has the ability to improve the quality of life in the United States.

Jan: What  you do if you were President of the United States?

Peter: I  focus on reducing environmental pollution.

Jan: Every candidate always says he's going to do that, but it's a really complicated problem - it's not one which is easily solved. What makes you think you actually stop pollution?

No comments:

Post a Comment