Sunday, June 10, 2012

Modals


Gap-fill Exercise

Complete the sentences using the words listed in the box below
may     had better     have got to     shall
1. I know it's rather rude, but  I ask you where you purchased that pocket watch? I have been looking for one like that for my father.

2. You  look good for your interview if you want to get the sales job. You  wear the white shirt and the maroon tie. I think that'll look really professional.

3. I  be at work tomorrow by 7:00. I  give a marketing presentation to one of our clients.

4. It's pretty hot in the desert at this time of year. If we are going to do some hiking, we  take at least two or three quarts of water with us. Actually, it  be hotter than we expect out there - maybe we should take a gallon or more.

5. You  leave the table once you have finished your meal and politely excused yourself.

6. I can't stand these people - I  get out of here. I'm going to take off for awhile while you get rid of them. When I get back, they  be gone.

7.  I try a little of your Black Forest cake? It looks absolutely delicious - I  taste it!

8. You  take along some cash. The restaurant  not accept credit cards.

9. You  take along some cash. The restaurant doesn't accept credit cards.

10.  we move into the living room? It's more comfortable in there and there's a beautiful view of the lake.

11. I'm not really sure if Susan is going to go snowboarding with us or not. She  decide to stay here and study for her Japanese final. She get a good score on the test if she wants to qualify to study abroad in Tokyo next semester.

12.  I have a look at that necklace there in the display case. It's exactly what I've been looking for.

13. We  no longer suffer the injustice of oppression. We  never give up the struggle for freedom!

14. You  be joking! If you think I'm going to give you a tip after you mixed up the meal orders, spilled wine on me and insulted my wife, you get your head examined!!!

15. Ian, Evelyn and Deborah will be attending the conference. I  be attending as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment