Sunday, June 10, 2012

Choose the right preposition. (Prepositions of time.)



1. World War I and World War II were _____ the 20th century.
at  for  in  into  on 
2. We sent a lot of postcards _____ Easter.
in  on  into  at  since 

3. I woke up _____ the middle of the night.
in  of  on  since  to 

4. I slept a lot _____ Saturdays.
for  in  of  on  to  
5. They broadcast _____ Monday evenings.
for  in  into  of  on 

6. I went swimming _____ the evenings.
at  in  into  on  since 

7. They both were born _____ 9th May.
at  in  into  on  onto 

8. I woke up _____ midnight exactly.
at  for  in  on  since 

9. He was a very popular singer _____ the 1980s.
to  in  for  at  on 

10. What did you do _____ the weekend?
at  in  of  on  to 

11. He came _____ quarter to twelve.
at  during  for  in  on 

12. I felt very tired _____ Christmas day.
at  for  in  into  on 

13. I broke my leg _____ December.
since  on  into  in  for 

14. She was born _____ 1968.
at  for  in  on  since 

15. We always visited our parents _____ Christmas.
beyond  on  in  to  at 

16. I sang and danced _____ my birthday.
at  in  into  on  to 

17. It rained a lot _____ the spring.
to  through  on  in  at 

18. I drove a car _____ the morning.
at  in  inside  on  up 

19. I got up _____ six o'clock.
at  during  in  on  through 

20. I saw you _____ Thursday.
at  in  into  on  over  

No comments:

Post a Comment