Sunday, June 10, 2012

Simple Future / Future Perfect

1.
Margaret: Do you think everything will be finished when I get back from the store?
Jerry: Don't worry. By the time you get back, I (pick) up the living room and (finish) washing the dishes. Everything will be perfect when your parents arrive.
Margaret: I hope so. They (arrive) around 6 o'clock.
Jerry: Everything (be) spotless by the time they get here.

2.
Nick: I just have two more courses before I graduate from university. By this time next year, I (graduate) , and I will already be looking for a job.
Stacey: Does that scare you? Are you worried about the future?
Nick: Not really. I (go) to a career counselor and get some advice on how to find a good job.
Stacey: That's a good idea.
Nick: I am also going to do an internship so that when I leave school, I (complete, not only) over 13 business courses, but I (work, also) in the real world.

3.
Stan: Did you hear that Christine (take) a vacation in South America this winter?
Fred: I can't believe how often she goes abroad. Where exactly does she want to go?
Stan: She (visit) Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador.
Fred: At this rate, she (visit) every country in the world by the time she's 50.

4.
Judy: How long have you been in Miami?
Elaine: I have only been here for a couple of weeks.
Judy: How long do you plan on staying?
Elaine: I love Miami, so I (stay) here for an extended period of time. When I go back home, I (be) here for more than three months.
Judy: Wow, that's quite a vacation! You (see, definitely) just about everything there is to see in Miami by then.

5.
Jane: I can't believe how late we are! By the time we get to the dinner, everyone (finish, already) eating.
Jack: It's your own fault. You took way too long in the bathroom.
Jane: I couldn't get my hair to look right.
Jack: Who cares? By the time we get there, everyone (left) . Nobody (see, even) your hair. 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment